Swimming and painting

My wife likes a good swim, peaceful, relaxing and warm and no noise and definitely no divebombing. I can't swim. Many well intentioned people have tried to teach me but I was not a star pupil. We have discovered an inviting, secluded pool in the Conwy area that Mair enjoys. A couple of hours floating on water does the trick and we visit as often as we can. Piped music and The Independent can only sustain me for half an hour and I get restless, restless for the hills. Within a few moments I can be up on the northern part of the Carneddau overlooking both the Great Orme and the Conwy Valley. I am more familiar with the whale-back ridges of Carnedd Llywelyn and Foel Grach and the drama of Cwm Eigiau further south than the softer, greener hills above Penmaenmawr. I have returned to one particular spot a number of times over the last few weeks and have produced the painting below. For the first time in my life a swim has been successful.

The picture has been accepted for
The North Wales Open 2012
Clwyd Theatr Cymru 23 June - 31 August

Above the Conwy Valley (Pastel)

Comments

Popular Posts